Frequently Asked Questions
Starting a Campaign
- Why should I start a campaign? What are the benefits?
- How do I start a campaign?
- What are the campaign requirements?
- How do I get more people to join my event?
- When will my event take place?
- Where will my event take place?
- When is my event successful?
- How much time do I have to find fans to join my campaign?
- Can I start my own campaign for a campaign that already exist in my own city?
- I want to start/copy a campaign in my city, but the city I want is not on the list. What should I do?
- What is Live on Demand?
- How do I join Live on Demand?
- How do I subscribe to Live on Demand’s email updates?
- How do I unsubscribe from Live on Demand’s updates?
Tickets, Payments & Refunds
- What is Live on Demands refund policy?
- Which payment methods are available?
- What if you set the date of an event and I can't come? Do I get refund?
- What is a reservation?
- I want to buy a ticket as a professional. Can I receive an invoice?
- When do I get my ticket for the event?
- I found an error or mistake on the website. Where do I report it?
- I have an idea for Live on Demand or would like to send feedback. Where do I send it?
- I can’t login, what should I do?
- I forgot my password, what should I do?
- How can I register?
Joining an Event
- The stages of an event
- How do I buy tickets for an event?
- I want to buy a ticket, but the date, time and location of the event are not available yet. What do I do?
- What is a Golden Ticket?
- Why are Golden Tickets no longer available for an event?
- The deadline of the campaign I joined expired but now I see that the deadline has been extended by another month. What's up?
- How many people have to buy tickets for an event to take place?
- I want to join a specific campaign, but the event does not take place in a city near me. What can I do?
- What are the sponsor packages on the campaign page?
- In what stage of the crowdfunding process can I join as a partner?
- Why is the Option Stage important for me as a partner?
Starting a Campaign
Starting a campaign gives you the opportunity to get your favorite speaker on stage in a city near you, when he/she rarely comes to or has never been in your country.
Starting a campaign gives you:
- A chance to see your favorite speaker live
- A chance to have a meet & greet with him/her (we try to arrange this for all starters)
- A free, front-row ticket to the event
- Influence in what the event is going to be like (program-wise)
- Great networking opportunities
Watch this video or contact us if you want to know more.
To start a campaign go to the launch page. Fill in the form by writing down which speaker you would like to start a campaign for, select your preferred city and estimate how many people are joining your campaign for and what they are willing to pay for a ticket. Our support team is on standby if you need assistance and can be contacted via de support chat as well as email@example.com.
Remember that we need to accept your campaign first before it’s visible on the website.
At this moment a campaign has to meet a few requirements to run on our platform:
- We currently do not accept music/concert related campaigns. We’ve found that the music industry simply isn’t ready yet to work with fan-demanded events, considerably lowering the success rate of campaigns. We decided to focus on speaker events for now, but in the future might incorporate music events again.
- The campaign page has to be completely filled in where possible (about information, images, starter motivation). The Live on Demand team can edit the ‘Event’ section for you.
This depends on the speaker’s availability. Once the Golden Tickets have been sold we will do our best to set the date and time as soon as possible. We will update the campaign page and send an update to all the ticket holders once the date is known.
The venue is determined by the size of the event (the amount of people needed). Together with the starter we will discuss the options for venues. The sky is the limit, let us know if there's a venue you prefer and we'll see what the possibilities are.
Your event is successful when the speaker has agreed to come at a certain date and time, and you’ve reached (at least) the critical mass. If this is the case, your event will be officially booked and the event will definitely happen. Afterwards we will show your event on our website as a success case :)
Each stage in the crowdfunding process has a deadline. The subscription stage takes 3 weeks, the Golden Ticket stage 1 month and the deadline of the Option Stage will be determined on the basis of the date of the event and the growth of the event.
Yes, you can start the same crowdfunding campaign in your preferred city by using the button: ‘Start this campaign in my City’. By using this button the campaign will be duplicated into a new one: we’ll already fill out the header image, speaker description and links to videos for you.
I want to start/copy a campaign in my city, but the city I want is not on the list. What should I do?
If your city is not on the list, contact us and we will add your preferred city to the list.
Live on Demand is a crowdfunding platform for live performances. This means that you can start a crowdfunding campaign on our platform for your favorite speaker. Then you gather interested fans, ask them to join and once enough people join the campaign we help you organize a arrange a live event with your source of inspiration. This can vary from Keynotes to Q&A’s and book signings to full day conferences. You can request anyone you want!
Want to know more? Check out our ‘Learn’-page.
To join Live on Demand you need to have a (free) account. If you don’t have one yet you can sign up here. You can register by email, via Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Already got an account? Login here
After registering and confirming your account, simply go to your profile page and select “Send me the latest news on events and special offers for members” (you have to be logged in to do this).
To unsubscribe from our emails you can click the ‘unsubscribe link’ at the bottom of every email or you can go to your profile and deselect “Send me the latest news on events and special offers for members”. Both methods will remove you from our mailing lists.
Tickets, Payments & Refunds
All tickets purchased in the seeding and option stage before the date has been made official can get refunded at any time. However if a ticket is bought once a speaker has been booked and a date has been communicated you cannot get a refund. The only exception is when the date of an event changes - then everyone gets the option for a refund. When this happens all ticket holders will be updated and have 7 days to request a refund. Within these guidelines, a refund is always guaranteed at Live on Demand!
If the campaign gets cancelled for one reason or another, all ticket buyers will also get a refund.
For refunds, contact us via email or leave a message in the support chat.
The current available payment methods are: iDeal, Visa, MasterCard or payment via invoice.
Yes you can request a refund when you’ve bought your ticket(s) before the date was set and are not able to attend on the date of the event. Contact us within 14 days after the date has been set, so that you can refund your ticket. After that time, your purchase is official. You can read more about our refund policy here.
We make sure you have a seat for the event of your choice when you register with just your payment details and your agreement on the price.
Your credit card reservation will only be charged when the event is booked and enough people joined the campaign to make this happen.
Yes you can. At the checkout page you have the option to select your invoice as a payment method. We will notify you per email once we have received your invoice. These are made manually which means that it can take a day or two before you receive the invoice.
You will receive your ticket(s) via email approximately 14 days before the event takes place.
Please send us an email or leave a comment in the support chat to report the bug or mistake. Please remember to include the link of the page where you found the bug and a detailed description of the problem. A screenshot is also much appreciated. We will fix the problem as soon as possible.
Any proposals, feedback and criticism can be send to us by email or drop them in the support chat here on the site.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it through this link. Use the same email address that you registered with. If you registered with one of your social media accounts, you can press one of the social login buttons.
If you can’t login using the right password and username your account probably hasn’t been confirmed. Please contact us via email or leave a message in the support chat if this is the case.
You can request a new password through this link. We will send you an email to reset your password.
You can register on our Sign Up Page. Once you have registered you will get a confirmation email. Open that email and click the link to confirm your account. If you do not confirm your account you will not be able to login once you’re logged out. If this happens to you please contact us via email or leave a message in the support chat.
Joining an Event
There are several stages from the moment a campaign is started to the moment the actual event takes place.
- Quality and Dedication: All requests go through a manual quality check. In this stage the campaign is active and can be seen by using the direct link, but it is not public on the site yet. The campaign page will be checked and the starter will receive tips on how its content can be improved. When the page is ready it will be made public and the starter can begin collecting fans. If the campaign page is not ready within 2 weeks after its start, it will be removed from the website.
- Pre-seeding: Better known as the subscription phase of the event. In this stage the starter has to collect an agreed upon amount of email addresses. In general a starter has to collect 100 email addresses in this stage, unless Live on Demand proposes a different target, judging by the nature of the campaign. If the target has not been reached within 1 month after its start, the campaign will be stopped.
- Seeding: The campaign is public and has collected enough subscribers. The amount of tickets available is calculated by Live on Demand and agreed upon by the starter and amounts to a maximum of 20% of the total amount of people needed. The tickets that you buy in this stage are Golden Tickets. These Golden tickets give you special privileges such as influence on the location, the best seats for the best price and the chance of a meet & greet.
- Option: Live on Demand will contact your favorite speaker in order to make a provisional booking for the event. All details of the event such as location, price, date and time will be published as soon as they’re known. In the meantime, it’s possible to buy regular tickets (early birds, conference tickets, day tickets etc) and sponsor deals.
- Booked: Once enough tickets have been sold to make the event happen (the critical mass has been reached), the location, price, date and time are finalized. The event will officially happen and will not be cancelled. Tickets are still available until the venue has been sold out.
- Sold Out: All available tickets for the event have been sold and no further tickets are available for purchase.
- Flashback: The event has taken place. On the Flashback page you can take a look back at photos, videos and articles of the event.
First, go to the page of the event you want to join. There you'll see the ‘Tickets’-box. In this box you can select the amount of tickets of the ticket types available. To go to the checkout page and pay for your tickets click “JOIN NOW”
Please note that you need to be logged in to buy a ticket.
I want to buy a ticket, but the date, time and location of the event are not available yet. What do I do?
Don’t worry, you can purchase a ticket risk-free when the date, time and/or location are still unknown.
We have a 100% refund guarantee for tickets bought in the seeding stage and the initial option stage if date and location are still unknown. This means that if the event doesn't take place or you can't join on the later determined date or location, you can get a refund for your ticket. Click here to learn more about our refund policy.
Golden Tickets are tickets that can be bought during the seeding stage. These tickets give you certain privileges like a say in the location of the event, front row seats and the chance of a meet and greet. They’re also available for the best price unless we offer special student deals (which are restricted to a certain group only). This means that additional tickets such as Early Birds, Day Tickets or Conference Tickets will never cost less than a Golden Ticket
Golden Tickets are only available during the seeding stage of the campaign. Once the end of that stage has been reached, only regular tickets (example: Early Birds, Conference tickets and Day tickets) will be available.
The deadline of the campaign I joined expired but now I see that the deadline has been extended by another month. What's up?
Everyone who starts a campaign gets two months to find as much fans as possible. If not enough fans join in these two months the campaign will be removed from the website. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule. If a considerable amount of fans has joined we offer the starter of the event some extra time. If they want to continue we give the event one extra month. We also send out an update to everyone when this happens.
The number of tickets that needs to be sold for an event to be booked largely depends on the speaker that is being invited. Some events will require way more tickets than others. We do our best to create a realistic balance between the ticket price and the amount of people needed (a.k.a. critical mass). On the event page, you will see a progress bar that fills up as people join the event. As soon as enough tickets have been sold and the speaker, location, date and time are confirmed, the event status will change to “booked”. This means that the event will take place.
I want to join a specific campaign, but the event does not take place in a city near me. What can I do?
You can start the same crowdfunding campaign in your preferred city by using the button: ‘Start this campaign in my city’. By using this button the campaign will be duplicated into a new one: we’ll already fill out the header image, speaker description and links to videos for you. This means that you become the starter of the campaign in the city of your choice.
If you are interested in being a sponsor of one of our crowdfunding campaigns you can buy a sponsor package on the campaign page. Please fill in the contact form after clicking the ‘Join Now’ button on the package of your choice. The differences between the packages is described in each package-box.
Companies can join a campaign in the seeding stage to support the starter with a company/group deal. For companies/groups a commitment during the seeding stage provides similar benefits at corporate/group level (e.g. a branded event, a side event, a private event/dinner, a case study or a group discount).
For companies, it’s now completely clear what the terms and conditions of the speaker are in relation to specific wishes of the company. This stage provides the possibility to further plan the side event after personal contact with the speaker and agent.